Volunteer Placement Assistance
Local Volunteer Needs
Other Ways to Help
Organizations Providing Assistance during COVID-19 that are Accepting Donations
- Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels of Bennington County, Vermont, a 501(c)3, offers healthy, nutritious and tasty meals to eligible seniors over 60 years old, and to disabled adults under age 60. Hot meals are delivered to seniors in their homes or served at meal sites, located throughout the county.
- GBICS Kitchen Cupboard
- The Kitchen Cupboard provides free food to individuals and families in need and teaches them how to eat better on a budget. They offer a variety of produce and distributions often include food to sample and recipes featuring new ingredients. Open to anyone in need of food, the Kitchen Cupboard provided food to over one thousand Bennington families in 2016.
- HIS Pantry
- HIS Pantry is a ministry of Sacred Heart St Francis de Sales parish that serves locally those in need of supplemental food.
- BROC Community Action works to change conditions that either cause poverty or stand in the way of its elimination. BROC Community Action assists low-income Vermonters with basic needs, as well as helping them develop skills and resources for self-sufficiency through employment opportunities.
- Sunrise Family Resources
- Sunrise Family Resources connects families with community resources, provides educational experiences and builds relationships that promote independence and resilience.
- Green Mountain Mask Makers
- Green Mountain Mask Makers goal is to support the production and distribution of reusable cloth masks to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, especially to vulnerable people.
- United Counseling Services
- During this public health crisis, United Counseling Service (UCS) continues to provide comprehensive mental health, substance use, early childhood, and developmental disability supports for individuals and families in Bennington County.
- Project Against Violent Encounters
- PAVE (Project Against Violent Encounters) has a Zero Tolerance Policy toward violence. Our mission is to end domestic and sexual violence and to provide supportive and educational services to individuals, families, and the community of Bennington County.
- SVCOA Shopping for Seniors
- The mission of the Southwestern Vermont Council on Aging (SVCOA) is to be a community force in creating and sustaining opportunities for elders and caregivers in our region to help assure that elders are able to maintain maximum independence and quality of life.
- Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless
- Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless is dedicated to collaborating, coordinating, and implementing services to the homeless population in Bennington County and promoting awareness.
- Second Chance Animal Center
- Second Chance Animal Center is dedicated to providing compassionate shelter and adoption services for the animals in our care, improving the lives of companion animals in the communities that we serve via spay/neuter assistance, humane education, advocacy, and humane investigative advice and assistance to law enforcement agencies.
- Turning Point Center
- Our mission is to help people find, maintain and enhance their recovery experience through peer support and substance free recreation and educational opportunities.
- Vermont Foodbank
- The mission of the Vermont Foodbank is to gather and share quality food and nurture partnerships so that no one in Vermont will go hungry.
- Veggie Van Go
- The Vermont Foodbank’s VeggieVanGo events promote health for Vermonters. VeggieVanGo events not only provide an opportunity for participants to bring home fresh produce, they also create a gathering place that offers support and conversations about healthy food.
- Manchester Community Food Cupboard
- The mission of the Community Food Cupboard is to ensure that everyone in our community has access to nutritious food and resources that will help them to achieve their potential. We do this by forming local partnerships, working to ensure the sustainability of our food system, and advocating to strengthen the social safety net for low-income families.
- Harvest House
- Our mission is to feed anyone that comes through our doors with good food for their body and their spirit.
- Shires Housing
- We offer high quality rental units, all affordably priced for working folks.
- Arlington Food Shelf
- This food pantry serves the towns of Arlington, East Arlington, Sandgate, and Sunderland.
- Southern Vermont Medical Center
- Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC) is a comprehensive health care system servicing southern Vermont, eastern New York, and northern Berkshire Massachusetts.